Top Shelf Aquatics

Any Suggestions for a Nano-Newbie?

Ekawaguchi

Hi All,

I recently discovered the wonderful world of Nano reef tanks. I am interested in starting one up, but am unsure as to what would be needed.

I currently have a 75gal FO tank (up for about 5 years), so am not completely new to Salt water tanks. I have been told on many occasions that larger tanks are more forgiving & easier to maintain - especially a FO tank - is this true?

Can anyone recommend a setup? - i.e. Eclipse, Sea Clear, etc, etc? Is there a certain size recommendation? What would I need to do to prepare the tank (other than cycling)? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Check out the articles in the information section. They will have most of the information that you need.

Come back here if you need clarification or more info. Just make sure you do some research on your own first. You will find that it is much appreciated by the members here. They are willing to help, but you are expected to help yourself first.

Good luck!!

Ekawaguchi -

First of all welcome to the forum.

This is what equipment I recommend for a nano:

18 gallon via aqua nano. It comes with a kickass light setup and the tanks are nice. Around here they are $239.00.

Secondly invest in a GOOD hangon skimmer.

Archived