Coral Vue Hydros

Install of silenx fans in ap24

oceanahollic

I took out the stock fans out of my ap24 and put two Silenx 60x60x25, 8db, 1500rpm fans. It was kind of rough having two original wires from the ap, and then trying to hook the three wires from the Silenx fans. I also need some different length screws to make a tight fit. But over all i hope i made the wise choice because i went to the lfs and exchanged one because it quit and two months later another was going out. So at 19 bucks a fan they better last a good while and do a better job. they sem to be much quiter, but, the rpms seem to be less. Maybe this is because it is a thicker fan and it sucks or blows as much air without being like the thin stock pieces of, you know. They are so quiet too, guess thats why they are called silenx. What do you all think?

Most people use the Silenx and like them better. I have 2 Vantec Stealth's in mine. More quiet than stock, but a little higher pitch noise.

I'm getting ready to order some as well for my nanocube, but I'm going with the 16db version. They are still quieter than stock, but have much better flow.

I added these to my 24 gal NC when I upgraded lighting and they are really quiet. The only thing I want to do now is have them kick on when the temp rises above 80 and shut off at 79.5 degrees, I guess I need to get to programing my controller. I think since the water heats up the air inside the light housing that you could passivly cool the water with them not sure but I will give it a try.

Casey

Silenx are nice - but be careful about moisture and them - they don't react well. As soon as you hear the rattling (and you will), buy your replacement fans. Sux, I know.

Archived