inTank Media Baskets

Chilling

neoboi

so, i've been having temperature issues with my nano, i've actually gotten tot he point where I dont even use the heater in the back and for the whole day the top is open and in the evening, i shut it for two or so hours and it goes off after that, and my temp stays between 81 and 82. i was having spikes up to 86 so, i went low tech first and did the normal things. I really hate leaving the top propped open, i have more than once had to yell at the cat to not try to get in it, and my big mamma clown has on an occasion went carpet surfing, luckily, i was home and death was avoided.

so i went searching for a chiller, and I'm a college kid on a budget.

i found this, but i have sometimes learned that cheaper is not always better. does anyone have experience with this? I was also thinking of going to the LFS and ordering a HOB filter and not using it as a filter and drilling a hole in it and making the same thing that that device is which is the iceprobe.....but, im just about at my wits end with this heat thing......

i want my critters and corals to be comfy and not cook or freeze....

i have also looked at the jbj chiller rated for my tank and that would have to be saved up for until sometime after christmas........

advice?

PLZ :o

Could you point a fan at it and run the fan on the same timer as your lights? You would probably need an ATO device to deal with the evap, but there are some threads on here on how to build ones for relatively cheap. Plus ATO's are a real nice little device :)

Archived