Innovative Marine Aquariums

Mighty Mite RO/DI

shp111

I picked up a Mighty Mite RO/DI unit a while back and was wondering if others had a similiar experience as I am having. I purchased the TDS meter with the unit so I could test. My tap water is 196. When I use the MM, the TDS goes down to 34 but no lower. I'm a little frustrated. I did test the distilled water I used to buy from the grocery store and that was 0.

I've sent some emails to AirWaterIce but haven't heard back from them. Its only been a couple days so I will give them more time. I am thinking of returning it since I'm not able to get any better numbers than 25.

Good point. I hadn't tried that yet because I was waiting to hear from them to see what they suggested. (AirWaterIce). I sent them a note last Wednesday or Thursday but haven't heard from them yet. I'll mess with it tonight and try reseating it.

I finally got an email from Don at airwaterice yesterday and it looks like some of their recently shipped units had the wrong DI unit on it. They are shipping another one out to me tomorrow so hopefully that will take care of it.

Archived