Innovative Marine Aquariums

Cheap iodine dosing?

coolwaters

its not much in stores. only like $5....cheapest thing when it comes to reefing...

or can i get the food grade iodine and put some in top off water?

heard iodine drops pretty low after a few days. and i dont do water changes every other day.

my saltmix is getting old and hard and i dont trust the consistency of it anymore...

heard iodine drops pretty low after a few days. and i dont do water changes every other day.

my saltmix is getting old and hard and i dont trust the consistency of it anymore...

Never take anybody's word for it. Get an iodine test kit and see for yourself.

Sounds like it's time to get some new salt too. :D

The Propagator

Yeah don't go by word of mouth test for what ever you dose.

Listening to others with out testing for whats your questioning is like adding oil to your car with out checking the level 1st. Bad things will come...

If you want the most cost-effective iodine solution, go with lugol's iodine.

However, don't mess with it unless you KNOW how much you need to add, and where your iodine level currently is. Dosing too mich iodine can easily be a death sentence for your livestock. That stuff is extremely poisonous in excess. (And extremely necessary in small amounts.)

If you want the most cost-effective iodine solution, go with lugol's iodine.

However, don't mess with it unless you KNOW how much you need to add, and where your iodine level currently is. Dosing too mich iodine can easily be a death sentence for your livestock. That stuff is extremely poisonous in excess. (And extremely necessary in small amounts.)

2 points to add:

lugol's is stronger than other iodine suppliments

test kits do not typically cover all types of iodine in your tank

Archived