SaltCritters.com

Distilled or RO(no DI)

Bluetorch

Whats your thoughts and oppinions about using distilled water from walmart or their Drinking Water(purified by Reverse Osmosis it says)

Any thoughts on which to use? Is one a better choice or am I just thinking too much :huh:

most likely distilled but the water machine is going to be different from store to store.

Distilled would be the safest, or invest in an RO machine and save yourself the trips.

Sorry, I didn't mean the RO machine at the front of the store, I meant the pre-packaged gallon jugs that sit next to the distilled jugs. They are labeled as "Drinking Water".

what would be the top choice to get from a machine? I recently did a water change with vons water and ended up with more diatoms(dont have a test for silicates) and also, is it possible that my RO under sink unit which was "serviced" 3 months ago is letting silicates in? I havent been able to stop diatoms since my tank was set up about 4 months ago

I wouldnt use any water from the machines unless you have a TDS meter. I tested it from my Albertsons and luckily it was 0 TDS.You could also use the Walmart distilled water (purple cap). Its the cheapest around.

Archived