Pod Your Reef

Am I doing something wrong ?

Dazed1

Well, I got this HOB fuge from ebay a few months ago. After looking at a few tanks/ fuge's on here, I think I might have messed up somewhere X) . Here are a couple pics of the fuge.

I want to know if the way I have it setup, ie, the pump for pumping water into the fuge, and the return (bigger pipe) are the right way. Or did I do it the other way round?

I read a few threads where it said I should drill small micro holes in the pipe, would that be the pipe that is going into the fuge ? I'm honestly very clueless and would appreciate any help :(

-Mayur

fuge4.jpg

fuge5.jpg

I'm not sure it makes much difference which pipe you use for an inlet and which for the return. I'd probably attach the pump to the smaller one--less chance of clogging the bigger tube, and you definitely want the drain to run faster than the pump.--lest you pump the entire contents of your tank into the refugium.

I also don't think you need to worry about holes in your pipes. The holes are used as a siphon break for sumps and fuges that sit below the main tank. If your return pump breaks or you lose power, you probably don't want a lot of water draining into your sump/fuge. With a HOB fuge that sits above the level of the tank, the only thing you need to worry about is a little water from the fuge siphoning back into the main tank--probably not a big deal.

Good luck!

Archived