Cultivated Reef

Looking for a thermostat

skydive

Since the weather is nice here I've been leaving my windows open and I need to find a thermostat that can turn a fan on when the inside air gets hot and shut off when cold. The fan is inside a window 4 feet from the tank.

I found a thermostat for reptile tanks and it would run the fan but I want to find it locally and not have to order it. Does anyone know where I can find something like this? HD, Lowes, Ace...?

thanks

I used to have one, actually still have one for a reptile setup in storage somewhere.

Dial to set the temp. Plus probe. Controls two AC plugs. yet... i don't know what temp ranges it works at. I figure it would work for SW at the lowest ranges.

I purchased at Petsmart or Petco at the time. They may still sell it.

If you want it triggered by air temp rather than water, its easy enough to get a cheap home thermostat and wire it up to a socket.

Just a thought.

If you want it triggered by air temp rather than water, its easy enough to get a cheap home thermostat and wire it up to a socket.

Just a thought.

That's what I bought, a home thermostat. I'm having problems figuring out the wiring though. >RiteTemp 6004< that's the thermostat. The cord from the fan has 2 wires. What wires go where?

Any help would be great!

It appears the thermostat you chose is designed to control a conventional furnace. I would return it and get one designed for electric baseboard heat. Then you don't need to worry about controlling a 110 volt fan with a relay. R

I took the 6008 back and got this and it's only $5 more. The white plug is the fan and the DuctStat plugs into a 110v outlet. Now I can be away and not have to worry about the temp.

DuctStat.jpg

Archived