Coral Vue Hydros

125 gal skimmer suggestions

jerzsky

It depends on how much you want to spend!

I also vote bubble king but if you are on a budget then a D.A.S EX-1 would be the best choice.

in sump, im thinking round 300-500. i dont wanna cheap out on important parts, but i can no where afford something like those beautiful bubble kings...

If you want decent quality on a budget, check out octopus skimmers. Their "extreme" line is very promising, and affordable. They include a bubble-plate design with good flow characteristics in the body.

What makes them really nice is the pumps they use (Sicce 2500) have the exact same outlet plumbing as Tunze Hydrofoamers. This means that if you want to down the line, you can (at a price) turn your skimmer into a true beast. (Tunze Hydrofoamers are absolutely amazing needlewheel pumps.)

For a 125, I would suggest the 200 or larger models.

Really, there are ALOT of skimmers out there to choose from, many of them very very good. However, the disparity in price between similar skimmers can be enormous, and not always for good reason. The are exceptions, like Bubble King skimmers, that are worth every penny, but many of them are just absurdly overpriced.

• 2 weeks later...
im really likin the octopus extreme line...

I would agree, you can't find a better skimmer for any where close to the same price. Now there are better skimmers, but they will cost a lot more.

Kim

Archived