inTank Media Baskets

Anyone tried the Maxi-Jet pump

nanoty

I also am contemplating this very same pump. With the quality and versatility of the original maxi-jet line this should be great. Right? :unsure:

weird. i was looking at the DrF&S catalog while i was taking a dump today and was going to post on here asking the same question, but i forgot. i think they are really new, so i doubt many people have tried them.

they have been put since about August another reefer friend of mine on reef central bought one and he said that they are pretty good like the other maxi-jets

weird. i was looking at the DrF&S catalog while i was taking a dump today and was going to post on here asking the same question, but i forgot. i think they are really new, so i doubt many people have tried them.

TMI BRO!!! Just sayin'...

wow, I had no idea they even had this. But basically the same thing, I use a MJ powerhead for an ATO pump..

they are purdy

Yeah I use the regular PH but this is an actual pump. The one they picture is only submersible but the rest can be used externally inline.

I just bought one a 1800 on tuesday so i can tell you how well it work sometime next i am guessing

What........the.......f#ck..........did you just say?? :huh:

heres a good read and comparison about this pump and past maxi-jet models

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2008/8/review/view

What........the.......f#ck..........did you just say?? :huh:

sorry its been a long day

I just bought a maxi-jet 1800 on tuesday so when i get it i can tell you how well it worked for me

EDIT i got it from Dr fosters&Smith and it hasnt been shipped yet

heres a good read and comparison about this pump and past maxi-jet models

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2008/8/review/view

sorry its been a long day

I just bought a maxi-jet 1800 on tuesday so when i get it i can tell you how well it worked for me

Lol, thats better. I was just screwing with you. I'm using a Mag 7 right now but I think the 1800 would be enough for my return.

Yeah I use the regular PH but this is an actual pump. The one they picture is only submersible but the rest can be used externally inline.

good point!

im using the aquarium system utility pumps. bought it to mix salt and water changes. They changed the name for the asian market i guess to new-jets and specs are a little different

DSC_0274-1.jpg

if you used a maxi jet pump before, you can expect the same from these pumps. quiet, efficient, doesnt give off heat and compact. i love the fact that they have variable flow and can be used internally or externally.

price wise they are, for some reason, cheaper than the maxi-jets. i got my new-jet 800 for 20 bucks around 10 bucks cheaper than a similar model maxi-jet utility 900.

I just got the MJ1800 from Marine Depot that I'm running as the return pump for my AP12. I placed the order last week and it was only $59.99. The price this week is upped to $74.99 at MD. At DrF&S, it's $79.99 on sale for $63.99.

My MJ1800 has only been running for a couple of days. One noticeable difference from the non-utility pump MJs is that it's louder. The MJs up to 1200 are almost completely silent while these MJ utility pumps have a very noticeable hum to them. Maybe it's normal for pump at these sizes?

The MJ1800 definitely has very good flow for my tank at 45" (3.75') head. Since it's getting cold out and the heat in the room is kicking up, my tank water is getting warmer, but I can't say it's coming from the pump.

• 2 weeks later...

Do any of you know if the maxijet can be used out of the water, just a hose in the tank going to the pump and a hose from the pump to the fuge? (gravity fuge. Save the copepods!)

Do any of you know if the maxijet can be used out of the water, just a hose in the tank going to the pump and a hose from the pump to the fuge? (gravity fuge. Save the copepods!)

pumps really don't kill copepods, they get shot through just fine.

Stephen-in-Va

I have a 1800, 1100, and 900. 1800 is tank return, 900 feeds phosban reactor and skimmer, and I use the 1100 to mix salt. Great pumps... Like them all very much.

Does anyone know where I can find the dimensions on these pumps?

I've checked a couple of sites and I can see output and what not but I'm not finding the size of the pumps in the specs.

I too have been curious of these MJ utility pumps. And actually even standard MJ powerheads CAN be used externally. I'm using a standard MJ900 externally for my UV and Phos-Ban reactor loop. Works very well externally with NO leaks. I figured out I could do it when the boxes they now ship in listed on the side that it can be used for external applications. I figured why not give it a try, right?

on a side note, for the first time in a long time... marine depot is actually cheaper than pet mountain... pet mountain usually has ridiculously low prices, but not for the MJ utility pumps. They're called the marineland euro NJ whatever.. same pump same numerical designations and flow rates.. $74.99 vs. $83.95 as of 10-29-08. I wonder if I call for their low price guarantee that they'll give me a sweet deal lol.

Archived