Top Shelf Aquatics

seaclone 100 any good?

smokey_the_bear

smokey_the_bear

im starting a 29 gallon FOWLR and wondering if the seaclon 100 is any good?

please comment your thoughts or what you have heard :)

worst skimmer ever, especially for $100

go with a Remora nano hang on or a Tunze 9002, depends on your application. The Remora is an out of tank skimmer while the Tunze is an in sump/filtration chamber skimmer

smokey_the_bear
worst skimmer ever, especially for $100

go with a Remora nano hang on or a Tunze 9002, depends on your application. The Remora is an out of tank skimmer while the Tunze is an in sump/filtration chamber skimmer

thanks for the advice hah i feel dumb now since it sounds so bad lol

anyway i dont have a sump so i would need a nano hang on then

It seems like a good option because petsmart sells them, but really, it is like the worst design for a skimmer ever.

The remora is awesome, I owned one on my last tank. Sell for around $120 new, you can find them used in the classifieds now and then, they go fast!

There are other lower cost skimmers, but IMO, just spend the money on something good the first go around.

smokey_the_bear
It seems like a good option because petsmart sells them, but really, it is like the worst design for a skimmer ever.

The remora is awesome, I owned one on my last tank. Sell for around $120 new, you can find them used in the classifieds now and then, they go fast!

There are other lower cost skimmers, but IMO, just spend the money on something good the first go around.

yeah id rather spend money on somthing good and will last and do its job well

smokey_the_bear

yeah its tempting to look at haha but im taking your advice for the nano remora

it looks like the remora has the maxi-jet inside itself

that would help with looks i suppose lol

yeah its tempting to look at haha but im taking your advice for the nano remora

it looks like the remora has the maxi-jet inside itself

that would help with looks i suppose lol

If you are getting a BC-29, get the BC-29R from Sapphire Aquatics..It's pretty good..Also, you should look at Excalibur skimmer. I have one and besides the micro bubbles it's very good.

$169.00 for the BC-29R and $130.00 for the Excalibur from my LFS..

smokey_the_bear
If you are getting a BC-29, get the BC-29R from Sapphire Aquatics..It's pretty good..Also, you should look at Excalibur skimmer. I have one and besides the micro bubbles it's very good.

$169.00 for the BC-29R and $130.00 for the Excalibur from my LFS..

thanks i will look at them

wait, do you have a biocube? The tunze will fit, you may have an issue with the cup though if you have the hood still, but I have a solution for that.

Well, the remora has an external MJ. It isn't inside the skimmer, it is outside and is the only thing in the water connected to the skimmer by a hose.

Sapphire makes good skimmers, but they are hard to come by.

Archived