Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

filmy and bubbly...

audi206rs4

i'm currently cycling my tank and everything is going well... the tank cycled in about a week and a half, but i'm just letting it run and get more established. i did a 10% water change (to lower the nitRATES to control algae growth) and i put some calaurpa and various macro-algae in my fuge this past weekend. i'm noticing that there is a build-up of film and bubbles in the planted part of my fuge. my 10 gal. is super clear with just some slight algae growth... but anyways, it just looks like the water has been stagnant but my fuge has very good flow, it's just on the surface.

is this something i should worry about, is it normal?

10 gal. aga w/2x36w jbj combo

2.5 gal. custom fuge w/18w jbj combo

about 18 lbs lr (about 1 lb in fuge)

about 13 lbs ls (about 1 lb in fuge)

maxi-jet 1200

mini hob

catalina 50w titanium heater

thanks guys and gals!

and what kind of animal is this?

it looks kinda like a centipede. it moves in both directions fairly quickly, it seems to have two heads. it's out and about eating on my lr and even seems to be eating the algae on the glass.

hmmm...???

The film on top of your water is there because the surface of the water is not getting broken by any water flow. You would have the same film on the rest of your tank if you let the surface get still for a while. Frankly, I don't know if you should worry. You can get rid of it by sweeping a paper towel across tha surface and keep it away by roiling the surface of the water.

Archived