Pod Your Reef

Nano-Reef Part A & B Ion & Buffer (Kent)

rtb

Looking for opinions/experiences with the 2 part supplement. Figured this forum might provide some insight. I suppose purists think any additive is unnecessary.

Anyone used the product? If so, would you recommend? Thanks

I use this product and it actually does a really good job buffering the tank.

I use Instant Ocean and their calcium and KH is a bit on the low end so this stuff if dosed as recommended does a great job of raising the calcium and keeping the KH where it needs to be. You shouldn't dose though w/o a test kit to verify the levels your tank is at.

Once, my levels got where I wanted them ( about 420ppm calcium and 11for KH) I dose about 5ml for my 24 gallon every other day and my tank stays very stable.

I was using it...really good product, but the problem is they don't sell just the Part A or Part B separately. I use about 3 times as much of the Part B as I do the Part A so I have a surplus of Part A. I have recently switched to the powder form of Reef Builder, Reef Advantage and Reef Buffer so I am hoping that is more economical.

If you are doing equally of Part A and B I would say you are using the best product out there.

I use this product and it actually does a really good job buffering the tank.

I use Instant Ocean and their calcium and KH is a bit on the low end so this stuff if dosed as recommended does a great job of raising the calcium and keeping the KH where it needs to be. You shouldn't dose though w/o a test kit to verify the levels your tank is at.

Once, my levels got where I wanted them ( about 420ppm calcium and 11for KH) I dose about 5ml for my 24 gallon every other day and my tank stays very stable.

+1 i do the same on my 24.

Good feedback. I am looking to add a small crocea clam to my nano and I know they are calcium hogs. Figured a buffer would be a good idea.

I was using it...really good product, but the problem is they don't sell just the Part A or Part B separately. I use about 3 times as much of the Part B as I do the Part A so I have a surplus of Part A. I have recently switched to the powder form of Reef Builder, Reef Advantage and Reef Buffer so I am hoping that is more economical.

If you are doing equally of Part A and B I would say you are using the best product out there.

Use the reef calculator to figure out how much 2-part you need daily and dose the required amount in the morning. Dosing ½ the amount twice daily would be even better.

Don't ignore magnesium either. It does not fluctuate as quickly but it is also VERY important!

Don't ignore magnesium either. It does not fluctuate as quickly but it is also VERY important!

I dont dose with any magnesium, I figure my weekly changes with a good salt mix will take care of it!

Archived