Pod Your Reef

Looking For the Biggest and Baddest

speakyourmind

speakyourmind

Hey Im new to using protein skimmers except for the little taam rio that im running now. I have a 27 gallon long and I'm looking for the absolute best top of the line skimmer that I can put on this thing. It doesn't matter how much it costs as long as its under 1000$. I just need it to be reliable and easy to set-up/use.

Also it needs to be the HOB style since im not running a sump. I have about 4" of clearance at the back of the tank.

Thanks

BUBBLE KING 160 mini whatever thingy majig...rolls royce of skimmer!

BK2160-2.jpg

under 900...what a bargain

Edit: ok...reading>me..didnt see you need it hang on back... :owned:

I'd say mce600 as well, but if I remember correctly, 4" won't cut it. Not 100%, but I had measured mine before selling it and I am close to positive that it needed 5 or 6" clearance.

Prizm Pro maybe? Your tank is only 27 gallons...I can think of better ways to spend a grand other than a skimmer....

• 2 weeks later...

The octpus 800 is a good hang on skimmer for a lot less money than the deltec, but if you don't care about the money, the deltec is a better skimmer, just not 2 times better.

Kim

Hey Im new to using protein skimmers except for the little taam rio that im running now. I have a 27 gallon long and I'm looking for the absolute best top of the line skimmer that I can put on this thing. It doesn't matter how much it costs as long as its under 1000$. I just need it to be reliable and easy to set-up/use.

Also it needs to be the HOB style since im not running a sump. I have about 4" of clearance at the back of the tank.

Thanks

How far above the tank can the skimmer stick out?

Do you mind having a small feed pump in the aquarium?

• 2 months later...

ATB has a cone HOB skimmer that should be out of the testing phase by now. Supposedly cone is the greatest thing in skimmers since pin wheels.

Archived