ReefCleaners.org

strip light question

jeffsz28

i have a 12inch strip light and wanted to make it so i could install a 13watt pc light. what is needed to do this?how much would the parts cost,i will be buying the parts from   homedepo.  thanks

i dident know that home depot sold pc lighting i dunno if i would buy it from them because its prob not met for aquaruim use ??????????

• 2 weeks later...

I assume this is for a small reef, so all I am going to say is... http://www.championlighting.com     look for SEALIGHT Compact floro fixtures 27watt 6700K X 9 watt actinic. DUAL RETRO Wholesale it is 59.90 AWESOME RESULTS I have a 10 gal that rund cool as sheait on them .....Nuff said

quiksilver5768

Both hello lights.com and ahsupply.com give you everything you need to install it into a stiplight. The only thing i had to do when installing my 55 watt reflector and bulb holder in my strip light was to drill 2 holes in different spots on the light for the bulb holder and to hold back the reflector. All you do is strip the parts from the stripligh (white reflector and everything) then add it. Well actually if your talkimg about a 13 watt kit....keep the white felector and just remove the old NO ballast from the inside(unscrew white reflector and then they are right there) and put the 13 watt bllast where the NO one used to be.

Archived