Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

SPS Experts - HELP

masterbuilder

Once everything is staying stable and in the above ranges add a piece of something like a Milipora or Acropora with the understanding that you may end up killing it. If it handles things ok then move on to something more difficult like a Montipora.

Maybe you meant Monti first then Acropora or Millipora?

I've had a montipora capricornis in my 10g (no skimmer) with good growth so far. Just watch out for the parasites. I had Montipora eating nudibranchs and did not know if for a while. Once I got them mostly eradicated using TMPCC, the monti has been growing even better, and I only have 65W of PC lighting right now (the other 65w, the ballast burned out, new fixture coming in tomorrow).

I also have some acropora frags, and so far they're doing well, with some PE, despite the crap lighting. I think the main thing (or so my reading tells me) is clean water and good flow and then good lighting to maintain colour.

:haha: "experts" :haha:

Thank you ! I am flattered but all I have done is read, and a lot of trial and error just like the rest of you. I am definitely no expert, self proclaimed or otherwise. In my book there really are no experts. The hobby is to vast. We may be able to master our own tanks but there is no way to be the master of all. What information I give, while i may work for me, may not work for the person I am giving the information to. I learn from you guys as much as you learn from me.

:)

Cheers mate. Expert to me is someone who's from out of town and has more experience than I do. ;)

But thank you for the ego boost :D ( my wife is cringing at the thought of me strutting around the house now btw :haha: )

Bah! If your She Who Must Be Obeyed is anything like mine she will be making it her mission to make sure that strut goes right quick and you go back to being that Mr. Milk Toast she prefers!!

I don't know how I lost them... I don't know where I lost them... I don't know when I lost them... But they are gone... [1] And any man who tells you its otherwise in his marriage is either taking too many (or too few) little pills or is lying to you.

UH

[1] My manhood

Archived