ReefCleaners.org

harbor frieght pump

razataz

Hard to say without buying one.

Do not trust anything from Harbor Freight to stand up to long-term use. A pump failing with a Phos-ban reactor probably isn't a big deal, but if it shorted out in your tank, that would really suck.

I buy tools from them occasionally and their quality is usually

1) Exactly what you pay for and it breaks down after the first 3 or 4 uses.

2) Exactly what you pay for, though it doesn't break down, it lacks a lot of features/refinements of better quality stuff.

There are some exceptions, but suffice it to say that if you go and browse the professional cabinet shops here in America, you'll only occasionally see HF tools being used, and often then they are just back-up stuff.

3 or 4? More uses than I ever got from a tool from there. I would just go to DR Foster and Smith and buy a Mini-Jet, instead of a knockoff, or even get ViaAqua, if you want cheaper, or a Rio as an alternative.

I have 2 of these and have used them for 3 yrs in mixing SW and cooking LR. Still work fine. Probably OK for reactor, but I wouldn't trust them in a tank. They put out quite a bit of heat in mixing small quantities of SW (i.e. 1/2 gal, 1 gal), about enough to mix water to tank temp w/o heater most of the year.

Archived