Innovative Marine Aquariums

eshopps sump

nano427

bonsaidarrell

I'm looking at this sump as well, over building one. The small (75) will just fit, there are not many that are not 24" or more long.

Is the sponge in the baffle going to be a problem? It wouldn't be much work to add another piece of acrylic to make a full baffle.

I'm using one for my 30g cube. It's overall nicely made. Beware of short edges on the bulkhead holes if there are any. The rest is nicely rounded.

bonsaidarrell
I'm using one for my 30g cube. It's overall nicely made. Beware of short edges on the bulkhead holes if there are any. The rest is nicely rounded.

Hi,

Do you mind taking a few measurements for me? How deep is the water in the skimmer area, and what are the dimensions of the return area?

Thanks,

Darrell

Here are the basic measurements off of petsolutions site for the one I have:

Overall: 12" x 11" x 16" Capacity: 10 gallons Skimmer Area:12" x 10" Model: 75 gallons

I'll check the water level and return dimensions in a few.

I like it. It's quiet and it works well. I have it on a switch that I turn off during feeding and it never hiccups when I turn it back on.

Rio pumps have been good to me. I had one on my last tank that churned away for four years without a problem. It outlasted the tank as I ended up taking it down.

I have read brief mention on the boards though of other people having trouble with them so you may want to read further.

Archived