Innovative Marine Aquariums

Koralia 1 flowrate question

thegrandpoohbah

thegrandpoohbah

I just picked up a Koralia 1 in preparation for my upcoming reef tank. The flow rate is really good... until I put on the "flow concentrator nozzle" and the "fish screen". I assumed this would make the flow even stronger but it actually seems to reduce the flow. What gives? Can I assume that most of you do not use the flow concentrator nozzle?

I have only ever used the screen cover. They make the flow more all around so it may be flowing at full power but since since its in all directions it feels like it lower.

i would assume the fish screen is the cause of the reduced flow. restricting water from entering the powerhead, and subsequently lowering the flow

thegrandpoohbah
i would assume the fish screen is the cause of the reduced flow. restricting water from entering the powerhead, and subsequently lowering the flow

No, the nozzle and screen go over the output. And it doesn't look like enough of a screen to actually block that much water.

http://www.hydor.it/en/products/show/27#tabelle

The first picture on the Hydor website shows the nozzle.

both items add to reduce flow by blocking it... they made it very well (even though it is bulky) its safe to ditch both items. what fish are you going to be adding?

thegrandpoohbah

The tank is still FW and will remain so until after the new year. this is what it currently looks like: DSCN5629.jpg

Archived