Cultivated Reef

Need ID a crab

Siejuban

Just got LR from liverocks.com, pretty rock they are, but they 2 big rock add up to 10lbs. Found a bristle worms, heard bad and good about it, but anyway I took it out. There are crabs on it, I saw one hiding in the rocks, one was dead on the package bag, not sure if there is any more crab. Other live form, not seen yet. Attached is a photo of the crab, what kind of crab it is, safe to reef?

It's a mithrax crab. Mithrax crabs for the most part are reef safe. They mostly eat algae and left over food. Occasionally they will pull a polyp of a torch or similar coral.

I got my rocks from liverocks.com about a week ago. I had one of those crabs too, but dont have a digi camera. Was wondering about that little fella. How do u like your rocks, i have noticed 20-30 featherdusters on my rocks, im very pleased with liverocks.com

LOVE IT, many featherdusters, and some unknown greenish worm with yellow hair (no idea what worm is that), and I just found a tiny crab, this crab has 2 feather look tentacles. Still watching if there is any new live I can find. Lucky I bought it from liverocks.com, I almost buy rock from LFS, those rock look pale, just look like plain rock, and cost $7/lb, so I dont buy it, but order from liverocks.com

Archived