Innovative Marine Aquariums

A new critter to add, and now a new alage!! Sheesh

newbiefishgirl

newbiefishgirl

Alage! I noiced the last post was full of it... Lots of good advice in there.

Well awhile back when I first started out I have the red slime algae problem. I believe I have nipped that in the bud! Since the last water change I see no more red slime or green for that matter. Now I just orderd some sand sifiting snails to keep my sand bed as clean as the rest of the tank. Wouldn't you know I see about three patchs of green hair algae!! IS the hair algae also caused by phospates? Can it become out of control or is it normal to have a little bit of it???

I know turbos are good at eating this... I am not sure if that is what I already have. Seems to be the lfs can't tell the diffrence between there snails... Nor can I. Some have lighter colored shells... in the pics they all kinda resemble one another!

Thanks for the inmput guys!!:P

newbiefishgirl

Thanks cajastan.. I'll take a look at it!

Jdsabin's Yes I use the distilled water.. purple label bottle at walmart! I live in a rather small apt so getting the r/o processor was really not an option. Every week when I am at walmart I buy 3 gals :)

Becky since your pm box is full again, here's your answers.

1. Locktite brand Quicktite superglue gel, available at Walmart and Kmart.

2. Take the rocks in question out and scrub them with a soft toothbrush in a separate bucket of tank water. Toss the bucket of water and put the rocks back in the tank.

If you haven't done so yet, start running some Rowaphos in the HOB.

HTH

newbiefishgirl

Cajastan,

SHEESH what the heck is going on with my PM box. The only message in there is yours!!!!! I will delete it again

But I clean it out daily... I dont get it!@

Ok , I will take those three spots of hair algae out!

Archived