Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tunze 9005 in my REAR CHAMBER - not skimming?

WindCloudWRX

WindCloudWRX

Hi,

I have a cube ish tank and so I am fitting the 9005 in the chamber.

skimmer.jpg

I submerge it near the blue line but it seems like it's nothing more than a power head blowing inside the tunze, so I am now running it a bit below the blue line.

However, something just doesn't seem right. Is the air line, foam inside supposed to be submerged or left protected within the collection cup?

I don't get it. It sounds kinda loud too,.

Thank.s

jmigchelbrink

You have to let the skimmer break in first, it will take a few days to a week or two.

I dont get what your asking, but I just bought one of these. You just line the water level up with the squiggly line on the skimmer, plug it in, and adjust the blue screw til you get the kind of skimmate your going for.

WindCloudWRX

I see. So the tunze pump generates it's own foam?

If you look inside the collection cup, there's an air line. Is that air line ever submerged below water? Or must it always be above water line?

So as long my water line is par w/ the blue right?

I'll give it some time, as I'm 1/2 way cycling the tank.

jmigchelbrink

On mine, there is a white squiggly water line about an inch down from the top on the black part. That is the water level. I don't see this air line you are referring to, but no part of the collection cup, except the long stem that extends into the skimmer, should be submerged.

If you take it apart, there is an air line that runs down to the pump. Its intake is controlled by the blue thumb screw. This is were the pump draws air to make the bubbles,and the bubbles make the foam.

WindCloudWRX

The air line inside fell apart somehow. and I'm tryin to find it and reconnect it. There's a clear air line to draw the air, i understood the concept but for no idea was I able to understand why there was no air intake. Now I'm trying to attach it back. If i can get it to work. ---_---

Archived