Cultivated Reef

Top 3 reasons to quit SW FOREVER

fawkes027

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh now calm yourself down Grand Crak-Wizard. I suppose you're taking sides on Mel Gibsons new flick too?!?!? d00d, the Jewish accountant is clearly a parody of the Jewish carpenter trade. It's not like I blasted you with a Rabbiinical diamond trader blast. Hell I didn't even get into the best of my tax collector material! And I don't even get credit for capitalizing the religious reference?!?!?! What's up with that?!?!?!

So I suppose your "references" to pedophilia outside the JCT show a sense of decorum on your part then? Phreak...

If it was the reminder of the Infamous Blackout Incident which irritated you - I get that... That I'll make amends for. As for the rest of it... deal with it Craksavant! You get no sympathy. Let thee with no sins cast the first stone! Reread some of your own posts outside the JCT you moron before you cry foul. Idiot.

Now shaddup and pass the Chalice.

OOoooh! OOooooh! OOoooh! You made a "reference" outside the JCT!!!! I'm tellin'!!!! LMAO.

And really Re-Crak-Play. Your NAMBLA resets are getting pretty old and lame by now. They were cutting edge when I first brought it in on your behalf. Now it's a losers attempt at past success. Mike Tyson sinking to fights setup in the back of a warehouse is still a class above your weak shots.

Originally posted by sdboogie

But I'll take it Dat Phan.

Gumby with a last minute buzzer beater for the win! A Dat Phan blast from outta nowhere!

Yeah Crak... All of a sudden 'Koos is getting froggy! Imagine that? Hey maybe Dat Phan IS 'Koos!

note the the guy/girl who started this thread (whose name i can't remember and am too lazy to click back 4 pages)

same three things happened to me.

i had a pair of clowns die.

damsels thrashed my tank over thanksgiving (killing $200 worth of oh-so-pretty ricordea)

i give my crabs away. (you know what i mean)

oh and sorry about the h-jack :P but all seems in order and you got the big G-man crak offering to read your PMs. good times.

harbingerofthefish

Back to the main topic...

I think adding fish into the mix that early is a big part of the problem. Even if the tank is cycled, it's possible that there aren't even bio-populations to handle all the crap in the tank.

Yank the fish and give it a while.

Up the flow in the tank.

Vary the flow in the tank.

Knock the lights back some.

Make sure your using good water.

Don't feed anything to the tank for a while.

Mix up your cleaning crew.

Siphon what you can.

Scoop some sand out if nessecary.

I've only had 1 thing die in my tank, besides some receding coral, and that was a nass. snail. I run my lights for 11 hours. I push 200-250 gph through 3 output sources. I added everything slowly. I have a 7 gallon with 3 crabs and 7 snails (4 variaties).

First off, THANK YOU to everyone who took the time to help me. I will not forget your kindness. Now down to business. Here's what I have done so far:

1. removed the fish

2. removed the rock

3. siphoned all the junk off the surface of my sand bed

4. used a toothbrush to remove as much algae as possible

5. added a phosphate remover

6. invested in better water

7. scrubbed my rocks to get off as much algae as I could

8. did about a 20% water change

9. will be cutting my light time back to ~10 hours

10. bought myself a powerhead

Am crossing my fingers that things start to improve.

I'd also like to thank crakeur for all the usefull info. I'm setting up my first nano next week, and this information will surely help me avoid some mistakes.

Thanks to crakeur and everyone else that has contributed.

-Kevin

10 gal

96 watt power quad

(Navy blue paint on back glass, currently drying):P

Fawkes,

Awesome - please keep us posted on the recovery. I need to know that someone can actually overcome a bad algae problem (and as Crakeur said, it takes patience).

Qchapter,

You should join the DFWMAS - Dallas / Fort Worth Marine Aquarium Society, since you live in Dallas. Monthly meetings, lots of experienced people that like to help out, frag trades, a bunch of geeks standing around talking about reefs, etc.

Ross

Originally posted by fawkes027

Thought I'd knock this up so we could get some more funny things in here....

and you thought you could do this in one shot? took me three months worth to knock up my, oh, damn. I get it.

nevermind

I'll go to the three reasons again..

1) It is consuming all my time

2) I am turning 16 in a week and went "###### I just bought 3 400w MH's, and I'll need a CAR.

3) Having to read posts on this site made by kickyourbrainintheface

No major disasters in my house so far my mom would have my head if I spilled 210 or even my 2.5 nano on the carpet.

JJ

Archived