inTank Media Baskets

AquaC Nano Remora on a 24G Nanocube?

thegrandpoohbah

thegrandpoohbah

People are usually trying to fit skimmers in the back chambers of their AIO tanks but I don't recall ever seeing anyone try this. I'm planning to run my 24G Nanocube with a glass top to prevent evaporation but I have the back chambers exposed. What about hanging a Nano Remora on the back with the powerhead/intake in chamber 1and the output going into chamber 2. I'd also have a MJ1200 in place of the stock pump in chamber 3. This way I get a skimmer on my tank without any unsightly equipment visible in the main display area. Also, the microbubbles would be kept out of the display as well. Does anyone see any problems with this? Would the extra water flow in the back chambers cause any issues?

I am doing something similar with my setup, I have a 24 gallon NC drilled and plumbed to a 10gal sump, I am also using a aqua c remora but its on the sump, I like the Idea of the glass on top reduces evap but I am finding that when I cover my sump my temp gets too high for my liking, also I think you will still get some micro bubbles at first in the display but they should subside over time, my skimmer is still in the break in period and I get micro bubbles in the display even tho they have to travel over and under 4 baffles and up through the plumbing.

Casey

i had the remora for a few months before i sold it off because i had to move outta country. micro bubbles doesnt really subside for me. i had the remora nano. some told me to upgrade the pump to a mj1200, but never tried that. i had a piece of foam catching all the micro bubbles that came out of the outlet...that seem to do the trick

thegrandpoohbah

So no one has tried hanging a Remora on the back of a Nanocube before? Or would I be better off with a Tunze 9002?

You will have to cut the hood to make it work, I think alot of people who have an all in one tank tend to shy away from this due to the fact of it really degrades from the clean look of the tank.

thegrandpoohbah

I've already removed the hood and use a glass top instead. The tank currently has a Current USA 20" Orbit sitting on top so a skimmer hanging on the back of the tank doesn't really bug me. I just want the display area as equipment free as possible.

Archived