Top Shelf Aquatics

Tunze Nano Wavebox.....opinions?

Glenn

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry, I can't give you any advice specifically for the tunze but is there a reason that you would prefer this over the mp40 or mp20?

No real reason, I just like trying different stuff and seeing what works for me. I buy and sell stuff all the time until I find that perfect piece of equipment that fits me and the situation I'm using it for. For now, I'm planning on using both (an MP40W that I have and a Tunze Nano Wavbox) on my new setup. I like the wave-like motion of the Wavebox, but I am also going to need a lot of flow too (it will be primarily a SPS tank). I know I can get waves from the MP40w but I want it for circulation for now. HTH.

My lfs has a nano set up(BC 29) and i know that they have the tunze wavebox, so when i stop there tomorrow, i could ask them the questions you posted if you would like. B)

My lfs has a nano set up(BC 29) and i know that they have the tunze wavebox, so when i stop there tomorrow, i could ask them the questions you posted if you would like. B)

That would be great, thanks!

O.K. I went to the lfs today and asked them a few questions about the Tunze. I asked them if it gave broad and a large amount of flow compared to the mp20(which they also had in a few of their tanks. This store is ridiculous, i can't believe just how well they maintain their tanks and how happy the fish/coral are.) Anyways they said that they thought that it gave a LOT of flow but it may be too much for anything less than a 30. Also they said one thing that they preferred about the mp20 was the variety of settings that it had on it.

Hope this helps, Blake

EDIT: Sorry forgot to tell you what tanks they had it on: mp20 was on 2 set up biocubes and the they had two tunze wavebox setup. one in a 40 breeder and the other in a 75 hex.

Thanks for asking them for me. How did the Wavebox do on the 40 breeder? That's one of the sizes I'm considering for my next setup (which is what the Wavebox and MP40w will go in).

$550....wow. A lot of places online sell them for a little under $380. The sad thing is my LFS is the same way, only they don't carry anything newly released. Most of their stuff has been on the market for atleast 5 years. And, they don't carry any high end stuff like Tunze, Vortech, Euroreef, etc. I would really like to help support them but I just can't pay high end prices for middle grade stuff. Besides, I usually buy used stuff anyways. Very little of my equipment was bought brand new by me. Used equipment usually goes for 20-75% off new prices anyways. That's hard to pass up. It also allows me to have high end stuff that I would not normally have. Example: I just picked up a used, but in good condition, Tunze Stream 6100 for $150 shipped. New they are someting like $350 + s/h. I would never pay that.

Ah you like to buy your equipment new. Same here. I just could never justify paying 350 for lighting, 200 for a Tek is more like it. I couldn't be happier with my lfs and their prices on livestock except the hardware is always at least 40% overpriced. Good luck on the new tank. I hope to see pictures.

Archived