Innovative Marine Aquariums

My 2.5 Gallon Reef

shadofax69

Looks good. That algae is great snail food. I'd suggest stocking up. It doesn't look like you have any fish, so I'd guess that you're not feeding it a whole lot. In my experience, if you don't feed the tank, you don't get algae. I've haven't scraped my 3 gallon in almost 3 months and it looks fine (this is after 2 years). Just give it time..

BTW - good job fitting all that stuff in there. If you posted and said it was a 10 gallon, I would have believed you. The tank looks way bigger than it really is.

Yeah there are no fish. There was a little bit of organic matter in the sand when I put it in the aquarium and then the die off from the live rock. Im glad you said you never scrape your aquarium. That is the only thing I dont like to do so I guess I have more to look foward to as the system matures.

Thanks for the comments guys :-)

Well im tearing down my 2.5. The zoos are now in the 10 gallon. I will keep updated pictures of here so you can see the progress from one tank to the otherl.

Nope no tap water. I use distilled. It is in direct sunlight about 2 hours out of the day but that is about it. The 10 will be in a shaded area so im hoping after the first alage bloom from the die off it will settle down. I have 4 crabs in the 10 now trying to get it cleaned up and I plan on adding at least 2 more to help. The only corals in there now are my zoos and I added a piece of live rock form my 75 to start a zoo population. I plan on giving it 1 to 2 months to mature before I start bringing any of my stonies over. I do plan to put most of the softies in there in the next 2 weeks though. Thanks for the input and I will keep all of you updated.

Sorry about the pic of the frogspawn actually I was informed it was an octo and not a frog. The picturs I was able to get made it look bad but I actually is really healthy. Sorry for the bad pics of the coral.

Archived