Cultivated Reef

Auto Start CF

C Jerome

I have made a DIY light upgrade for for my Eclipse 6 nano.  I have two 28w PC each on their own ballest.  I noticed in the old flourecent fixture that i took out of the hood there was this little diode and little bulb like thing on the white power line between the two ends of the bulb.  Should i cut this out and put in on the white power line of my new set up and buy another of what ever it is?  Does any one know what it is?  Any other people with electrical experience can you tell me what to do.

Thanks, I am late for school

C. Jerome

I know how they work now but the bulbs still do not light up when i pulg the ballest into the wall.  I have to un plug the bulb and jimmy the socked back onto it to get the bulb to light.  I am going to try to put a starter on the line but i dont know which wire to put it on, or reg flourcent it is the white passive wire but there are 4 wires with the PC so witch one should i put it on?  Any help or other ideas would be appriciated

Thanks

C. Jerome

Please help i need to go away soon and my lights still will not auto start, each morning when i wake up I have to vigerously switch the timer on and off many times before my lights come on, the don't come on by them selves

Please Help me

Thanks

C. Jerome

NanoReefer53

The starter should go in between two pins that are connected to eachother by wires. I think it'd be easier just to buy an auto-start ballast for like $15 at HomeDepot.

I did buy auto start ballests from home depot but apparently they are not auto start enough to fire up the bulbs

NanoReefer53

I would return them and buy new ones. They're most likely faulty if they say rapid-start and don't.

Archived