Innovative Marine Aquariums

CSL The 1-Watt Moonlite

donteatthenano

donteatthenano

Moon-Lite (Custom SeaLife) Price: about $25

The Moon-Lite™ is another exciting breakthrough from CustomSeaLife. It cast a beautiful “moon-glow” over your tank while consuming less than 1-watt of power. But beauty isn’t the only reason to buy one. Research studies show that using moon luminance helps spawning. So, add it to your existing hood or canopy for a 24-hour lighting solution that will really put your fish in the mood. Research has shown that using a rhythmic moon luminance is very helpful in spawning captive corals.* Highlights: Ultra-bright LED lamp simulates a full moon on a clear night in the tropics promoting breeding and spawning Does not disturb the nocturnal habits of the tanks inhabitants Cost’s almost nothing to run. Operates on less than 1-watt of power Easy installation. Can be mounted above the aquarium in less than a minute Construction: Ultra-white LED lamp Marine-grade ABS lunar housing 7-foot power cord Remote plug-in ballast

Does anyone know anything about this lighting option? I would like to add a couple to my 96W Corallife PC Quad Unit over my 10g. I could sure go for some reviews or advice before making any purchases. Thanks a lot.

Here's the pic:

I would HIGHLY suggest getting one of these. I am not too sure about the whole spawning thing but the looks alone sold me on them. I purchased one to go on my 15 gallon. Just to see what they were all about. And I loved the soft light is cast over the tank in the dark hrs. It enabled me to view everything in the tank with the lights off while not disturbing anything. Atleast not that I can tell. Needless to say I went a purchased more for the rest of my tank. Go get one and see for yourself.

It looks like it's just an LED with a plastic cap with a little hole to let the light through. Wouldn't it just be easier to buy an LED yourself and drill a hole through a bottle cap or something? Maybe not, just a thought...

I assume the LED is a white light right? Is there any way to replace it with a blue LED bulb? Also is this an out of the box and plug in type thing no extra mods. needed?

donteatthenano

out of the box and plug it in is the impression i was under. i think all is required is to mount it to your current lighting fixture one-screw or two, i'd think (since they claim assembly time to be less than a minute).

Archived