Pod Your Reef

Best chemicals to dose?

phiber_optikx

phiber_optikx

This is a 2 way question. The tank is a 55 gallon With a 15 gallon sump. I am planning on having quite a few sps and possibly a clam. I was looking at the reefdoser on the good drs. website. http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...amp;pcatid=9965

What is the best 2 part suppliment for calcium and whatever the 2nd part is? Also, If I am going to spend the money I am just going to get the CD-25825 (3 dosing pumps) what would be something good to dose in the third chamber?

The Propagator

Alkalinity and Calcium. Use the 3rd for what ever strikes your fancy that will do your corals good because what ever it is wont be dosed as much as alk , and ca. Maybe save it for Magnesium ?

Personally I would use baking soda for your alk buffer, and just buy a pre made calcium liquid mix like B-ionic or something. ( yes you can only buy one of the two if you need too. D & T marine sells them at a great price by the gallon :) .)

Just be sure you test and monitor all before you dose, and after you dose.

Any 2-part system like Kent Marine Tech CB or B-ionic will work. I would setup the 3rd pump for magnesium. You might wanna look at bulkreefsuply.com for 2part since your tank is bigger than a nano.

You should not dose anything else. Weekly water changes will take care of the trace elements.

IMO the GHL Profilux standalone doser is much sexier than the CD-25825.

The Spectrapure LitemeterIII is another option.

Archived