Innovative Marine Aquariums

Now It Begins

nanephilim

Allright, I just ordered 8 lbs of this stuff

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/m...de=L-FIJI-CURED

it'll be here tomorrow morning and I'm just wondering if theres anything I can do to make the acclimation and cycling easier and faster. Its going in my first tank ever a 5 gal with 2 13watt daylight bulbs and about 10lbs of sand. I'm gonna be doing research all nite on this some other stuff that I'm still fuzzy on but please don't think that I've not done my homework. I've read The Conscientious Marine Aquarist cover to cover and been lurking the boards for months now. But Just as with every first step, this one is unsteady. I've done everyting I can to prepare for this, and this post is mostly just a security blanket for my nerves.

With all the lurking I've done I've learned that you guys have the most valuable rescource for a newbie like me EXPERIENCE and no one can put a price on that( if they could I would have bought a ton of it) So please help me in any way you can, and I'll be greatful. Thanx.

Jason

Yeh bamann I might have not been clear er somethin but I have'nt killed any critters and I've already adjusted the PH.

No, I'm not doing a high salinity dip, cause the rocks already been cured and If there are any pests, I'll handle them after I identify them. The basic question was if anyone had any advice about the methods for introducing live rock so it could acclimate more readily. Sorry if I was vague

There will probably be some die off during shipping, that should start your cycle. Or you can add a piece of raw shrimp to kick start the cycle. You can even buy a product to cycle your tank.

Archived