Coral Vue Hydros

Just got an XDE bulb

Korbin

Oooh. I JUST switched my 10K 150 watt ushio for a 20k 150 watt XDE, and I like it. The light is over a 15 open top. So separate actinic supplimentation is not an option for me. Mind you, the bulb has only been on for oh.... 4 minutes.... and they're supposed to whiten up a bit, but I like the color the way it is now.??? Its a nice blue. But not TOO blue.

My corals look 100 times better under this bulb too. As does the coralline algae. With the 10K bulb, if you look at my tank from across the room you see brownish rocks with some purple, and the shapes of some corals. With the 20K bulb, you see nice purple rocks with fluorescent corals popping out. Nice. I'll post some comparison pictures later on.

BTW - It makes a 50/50 actinic 03 pc look pinkish when they're on tanks side-by-side.

I have a feeling my camera will screw up the actual color of the lighting, but I'll do my best to get an accurate pic. Stupid me didn't take a pic right before I switched bulbs because I was too excited to get the new one in. But I have some older ones I'll post. I'll put them in the member's tanks section.

Hallelujah and amen Korbin. The 20k bulbs are gorgeous for a nano IMO. The lower spectrum bulbs make a nano look like a 1,000,000 watt light bulb. When I tried 6500's over my nano, I felt like I needed to get the fish sunglasses.

My XM 20k's are a rich blue and like you , I use no actinic. I love the 20k spectrum and can't imagine using any other halide over a nano.

Of course that's just my opinion and invariably others will hop on in this thread and talk about how they hate 20k halides. :P

Archived