Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

How high is your Temperature?

coolwaters

lol since the how high is your SG was so popular. i just want to find out a good average to put the temp.

iv always been at 79-80F

sometimes it hits 81 but i prefer it not going above 82.

i know some people online that has their temp at 86F...2x 400w MH can do that...

thanks to my LEDs the temp sometimes goes down =p

I've been hovering around 79.5. At least that's what my $5 thermometer reads ... I installed an Aquacontroller Jr today, and it says 77.5.

Sometimes it can pop up to 82 or so (dang 110° heat wave in the LA Valley)

That's why I'm picking up a chiller tomorrow!

I'm using the seasonal temp of the ACJr, which I think is awesome ... Fans turn off at +.3° over target and chiller will turn on at +.7° hotter than the target temp. ;)

The Propagator

I need to get one of those so I can be in the cool club too :(

:P

But seriously though I want the big boy so I can control my 3 largest reefs at the same time.

I cant do that with the AC junior :( SO I have to go with the pro and spend $700 plus frigg'n bones !

masterbuilder

Prop,

Just do what I said, come up with some cool names (Rare/LE/Unseen) for thoses frags and you can get your AC III/Pro for next to nothing.

Really... These controllers are by far, the best money you can spend on your reefs. Once you have one you will wonder how you lived without it.

The Propagator

I tried that ONE TIME..a long time ago right...

I got ostresized so bad on here it wasn't funny ! :lol:

BUT it mainly came from a person who professes to do the same thing I do only on a much smaller, chinsier, and less quality scale. But really buys retail and just hacks them up with out growing them out, who has the skill of a chimpanzee with its finger in its but.

I cant say who but I will give you a clue....

Match this character up with the proper key stroke on your keyboard needed to create it.

Then hit the same key with out using shift..... Thats your culprit :haha: "^"

But thats been quite a while ago so meh......

I keep my tank at 79-80. RHF says the metabolism of corals speeds up at higher temps and the corals can grow faster. Also, at lower temps the water can hold more O2.

The Propagator

My 100 holds heat like a MUG. That's why I keep it a little lower. Once it heats up its really hard to cool back down and I have no chiller. I still get wicked growth though so eh...( The tank is well over 30 year sold. Its made with 3/4" thick glass that insulates like nothing I have ever seen that wasn't double pane LOL! I think they started out thinking "lobster tank" then changed their mind or something LOL! )

Currently my 10g is about 85 by day and 81 by night... So high in the day because there's currently no chilling on it (only a 120x120mm fan blowing across the surface) and we don't run our A/C during the day while no one is home (central air KILLS the wallet at these times), ambient temp inside is about 95F when I get home from work around 5:30 which I then switch on the A/C for a few hours. But my tank is doing just fine with this, and thankfully I don't have any fish in it right now. My 30g I keep tight between 80.5 and 81.6 by day with my ACjr. Fan is set to come on at 81.3, chiller at 81.6 and then the chiller is off at 80.5 and fan off at 80.0, but with temps lately the tank is getting cool enough to let the fan shut off. At least summer is almost over, or rather here in So. Cal it's only just beginning... :(

My digital thermometer says 75.4 - 76.7, but I don't trust it very much. My backup glass thermometer/hydrometer says 80-81.

Lower temperature (within reason) is good because water can carry more dissolved O2 at a lower temp.

BTW I missed your other poll. My SG ia 1.024 with a swing arm & the same with the floating glass backup

Cheers

NRG

.....ocean temp is like 75

depends on the ocean and the time of year. I just got back from the Dominican and the water temp was 85 on the reefs.

Archived