Coral Vue Hydros

Which is better Prizm or Sea Clone

DeepSea

seaclone is not worth the money its impossible to get it to skim and prizm can overflow I would just use a aqua c remora a tad noisy but does a great job and you can get it used for about 100 bucks shipped on here

Sorry to say, they are both garbage, IMO.

Remora and Tunze 9002, as mentioned above, are good options. Unfortunately, once you get down below 100-150 in price, most of the options do almost nothing.

seaclone. yes they both suck by today standards BUT they both skim well enough for small aquariums 30g and less. the seaclone is better because a) its impossible to overflow it onto your floor and B) it can be used in the sump where it performs better. otherwise they both skim about the same when dialed in. the prizm is quieter. the seaclone can be annoyingly loud if its in a bedroom or somewhere quiet.

my seaclone actually worked great on my 30g after a while especially when run in the sump.

seacloneinside1.jpg

seacloneinside2.jpg

seacloneinside4.jpg

I have long moved on but it did my tank well. this was back in 2005 on my first reef tank

tankapril06leftsidetankinfo1.jpg

Prizms suck. I have one in a box that I don't even want to sell to anyone because of all the problems I had with it. It got replaced with a Aqua C Remora Pro that does a good job.

Prizms suck. I have one in a box that I don't even want to sell to anyone because of all the problems I had with it. It got replaced with a Aqua C Remora Pro that does a good job.

I'll give you $15 for it.

The clone is a tad bit better than the prisim. Alost of people get so frusterated with the clone and never get results. It takes some tweeking. Usally with a salinity of 1.023-.024 with 1 and half turns of the air intake the skimmer will produce some really good skimmates (not too hard). Mainly for tanks around 30 gallons like stanlalee said. I'm currently waiting for my aquac 180 to arrive in the mail. Check out the aquac remora. But if it is between the prism and the clone, I would say clone.

The Propagator

Ditch the factory valve 1st thing out of the box and replace it with a nice little plastic one.

Then mesh mod the pump, then cut the riser down, then you will have a nice little skimmer.

Not the best but it will work well.

I used one on my 20 long FOR EVER and it pulled out some black crap. light bio load though so meh......

gulfsurfer101

The prism sucks bad. I had to install a 1/4" tube from the bottom of the collection cup to a three gallon jug just to get it to skimm properly and not overflow. I wouldn't sell this crap to nobody either or else I would have already. Glenn's coralife skimmer seems to keep his tank running nicely. Good luck and hope you get a good one.

Archived