Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

pump for JBJ Arctica Nano

jpluttme

Trying to figure out what pump to by for the Arctica Nano for a tank that sit's upon a cabinet 2.5' high. Chiller will be in the cabinet. I have a 22g cadlights, so real estate is tight in the back.

Heard of people running MJ 1200's but that doesn't seem like enough.

I used a MJ 1200 it has enough flow a tad more I even Used that for the 1/15

I have a JBJ Nano chiller coming tomorrow that I was planning on using an MJ 600, is this not going to be enough?

Prior to setting mine up, JBJ told me that MJ1200 would be fine for it and it has worked great for me. I have a 1/20 (Nano); I think the 1/15 is the Mini Arctica.

You should call JBJ just to make sure.

I am running a minijet 606 with the front cover off and it has enough flow for my JBJ 1/20. I have a 6gal nano so real estate in my rear chamber is tight and the MJ606 fots in there nicelly.

So those of you running an MJ 1200 are doing it where the chiller is below the tank in a cabinet or on the floor correct? Just wanted to make sure the MJ had enough pressure to pump from the tank, down to the chiller, and then up again. Thanks for all the input.

Justin

So those of you running an MJ 1200 are doing it where the chiller is below the tank in a cabinet or on the floor correct? Just wanted to make sure the MJ had enough pressure to pump from the tank, down to the chiller, and then up again. Thanks for all the input.

Justin

Mine is placed inside the JBJ Cabinet; so it is pumping the height of about 3 ft. each way

I'm using an MJ1200 with my JBJ 1/20th chiller. Works very well, maybe even TOO well? Eitherway, I'm getting good flow through mine considering it runs through about '6 feet of tubing from intake to return output end, and it has about '3 of actual height lift in the line between the total 6 feet of length.

Archived