Pod Your Reef

petco real ocean water

justin_2008

Any one ever try it? I bought it for my 2.5 gallon and decided to test the water chem and the it had around .35 ammonia :o is that common? And I dont think I will be buying that any more.

Any one ever try it? I bought it for my 2.5 gallon and decided to test the water chem and the it had around .35 ammonia :o is that common? And I dont think I will be buying that any more.

I bet that is normal. Stuff in the water probly had alot of die off

I hear alot of ppl use it to cycle thare tanks tho

Also why do you think the place is nick named death co

I use it for all water changes for my 20L, and have found it works as well as anything else out there for growing SPS. I'm surprised you found ammonia in yours, as every batch I have ever tested was perfect.

Are you sure you didn't have it open for some time before you used it?

• 3 weeks later...

Been using it now for a couple months.

I find it to be much more convenient for me, and not much of a different cost-wise.

Seems to work well. That's odd about the ammonia. Test another box... likely an anomaly.

I did have one box of the petco water (out of hundreds that I have used) which had apparently precipitated while in the box, and was cloudy. I tested the water, and its alk and Ca+ were way too low, which is consistent with a precipitation event. I took it back to the store, and they gave me another box.

Apart from that, I have never had a problem with the stuff. It always tests about 410ppm Ca+, 8dKh, 1.026 S.G. (apart from that one time)

I believe it. Used to use their boxed Catalina water until I tested TWO different boxes at 0.5 of PO4. And here I was banging my head on a wall trying to figure out where my GHA outbreak has come from when I had my old AP12g tank... I would NEVER trust the boxed water again.

theblackdomina

finally found an answere to my mystery i just started an ap 24 using nutri-sea water made the stupid mistake of the "just add (kill 2) fish" on the box been keeping eye on params nearly everyday but for some reason decided to check the nh levels from the boxed water and they were noticable .15-.2 BASTARDS tricked me have 4.4 gallons left so will use it up slowly i guess need the extra container for ro water anyway my falsie , firefish, blood and peppermint shrimp seem to be doing alright though i had to cut back feeding now that my water changes are adding more nh waiting for all my mods to come in hydor flo , koralia 1, maxijet 1200, sapphire skimmer submersible light for my diy chamber fuge hope my 11lbs of lr and 40lbs of ls will handle this prob for now rock was fully cured and loaded with hikers who are also doing alright as well as my emrald crab 5 zebras and my turbo

all my water has been with their premixed or their salt. no issues other then I have to dose to get the calcium levels a touch higher.

Tried this before with success. Though, it's cheaper to go to a LFS that charges by the gallon and fill up a bucket or jug. Usually less than $1 per gallon. RO or premixed goes for around .40 cents.

finally found an answere to my mystery i just started an ap 24 using nutri-sea water made the stupid mistake of the "just add (kill 2) fish" on the box been keeping eye on params nearly everyday but for some reason decided to check the nh levels from the boxed water and they were noticable .15-.2 BASTARDS tricked me have 4.4 gallons left so will use it up slowly i guess need the extra container for ro water anyway my falsie , firefish, blood and peppermint shrimp seem to be doing alright though i had to cut back feeding now that my water changes are adding more nh waiting for all my mods to come in hydor flo , koralia 1, maxijet 1200, sapphire skimmer submersible light for my diy chamber fuge hope my 11lbs of lr and 40lbs of ls will handle this prob for now rock was fully cured and loaded with hikers who are also doing alright as well as my emrald crab 5 zebras and my turbo

What???

dude, have you ever heard of this punctuation called "period"? its that little button beside the comma. no its not M. its quite useful. you should use it sometime!

Archived