Pod Your Reef

my clown shaked like he got hit by a missile

tdsounds

I introuduced two false percs at one time from the lfs. They were doing fine when I first brought them home. 3 weeks later a dominant one keeps on picking on the weaker one. It gets so bad that the bully pounds his head into the other one making him shake like he been hit by a missile. Now he got ich. I got them both at the same time from petco. I think he is gonna die sooner or later by the bully. If he dies I surely won't be able to get another clown. Anything that I can do? I don't think any medicine is gonna work since this is stress coming from a bully and not my tank conditions. I don't have a quarantine tank. Supposedly my clown dies can I introduce a royal gramma in there?

10 gallon nano

201 ph

3inch playsand

12lbs live rock

6 astrea snails

6 blue hermits

2 red hermits

2 false percs

1 green star polyp

You might try medicine (make sure its reef safe). Medicine helps them fight the ich. Ich is always present in the water, just manifests itself if the fish get stressed (which may be happening as you say from the other fish). Search around for clownfish behavior on nr.com. You'll find this behavior completely normal. It is just a way of establishing dominence. Try to make sure both fish are eating right. I would guess the "problem" will go away. I haven't ever heard of one perc stressing another to death like that.

If your weaker clown does die, you can add another clown.One technique is add a clown that is smaller than your bully clown. There are a couple of articles out on the net about pairing up clowns.

hope your fish gets better

Archived