Cultivated Reef

nano c remora problems

petkingdom619

i got a used one that came with the mj900. replaced with a 1200.

now the problem i have is that it will either not make any foam or it will fill up the cup with water and make foam come out the top.

It also has a crap load of micro bubbles and its even behind the false wall of a ap24

what do i got to do

i have the same set up with the 900 and works great. Try a 900 and also try raising the collection cup up a bit and see if that helps. I dont have a micro bubble problem but you could try putting filter floss under the return and that should help

how do you raise the cup? is it that white screw that is on the intake pump?

and yea when i had the 900 on there it was ok with the microbubbles. Ill try switching back but i dont think it would be pumping to hard . i dont know

how do you raise the cup? is it that white screw that is on the intake pump?

and yea when i had the 900 on there it was ok with the microbubbles. Ill try switching back but i dont think it would be pumping to hard . i dont know

No. The white screw is not how you raise the collection cup. The Collection cup uses the Black Rubber Ring Band which you use to raise up and down the collection cup. Either move the Rubber Ring up or down to raise the height of the collection cup. The white screw doesnt got to do any thing with raising the cup. I also had a problem using a maxijet 900 and too with too much micro bubbles. I solved the micro bubble problem by building a Bubble box. Raising the collection cup until you find the sweet spot and you should solve the problem with to much OR too little foam. Get the cup raised up or down to the perfect spot will give you good amount of foam to get all that nasty waiste out. Feel free to read my page to see what I did when I had that problem with my skimmer. Hope this helps.. GL..

is that the link in your sig?

and I dont have a rubber ring , the tube has a square base that goes down into the skimmer.

maybe im missing it?

btw what does that white screw do?

Yes, you are missing the rubber ring. You can download the user manual here - http://www.proteinskimmer.com/Product%20Pages/Remora.htm
If you dont have that rubber Ring around your collection cup you are missing it. WITH OUT that rubber ring your skimmer is useless. That rubber ring control the flow of bubbles/foam the skimmer makes. If you bought the skimmer brand new it should of been provided with the whole setup.

its not the end of the world if you dont have that black o-ring. get some rubber band and wrap it around the collection cup a few times. problems solved.

also, the nano produces quite a lot of microbubbles. i solved that problem with a piece of foam on the outlet to trap some of the bubbles

petkingdom619

i got one of those cancer bracelet rubber bands and put it around the cup. still havent got any skim but i think i need to clean the whole skimmer now.

you could also take the collection cup down to a swimming pool supply store and have them get an O-ring that fits it. I like the O-ring because it helped to cut down some of the noise.

petkingdom619

thats what i was thinking to just get an o-ring when i can. The vaccums I use at work have a belt that i think will fit perfectly. so im going to try that too.

thats what i was thinking to just get an o-ring when i can. The vaccums I use at work have a belt that i think will fit perfectly. so im going to try that too.

the stock rubber ring on mine degraded and has broken down in roughly 5 months of usage. Rubberbands work beautifully though. When I first got my remora it took a few days of usage before the microbubbles formed...

Archived