Innovative Marine Aquariums

capsfan's 2.5 AIO pico reef

capsfan

Wow that looks brilliant love the scape. It's seeing picos like this that keep me going and inspire me to do mine.

I went out and bought some loctite super glue gel cyanoacro as i was told thats what to get but it is as much use as a chocolate tea pot when ive tried to glue underwater.

Wow that looks brilliant love the scape. It's seeing picos like this that keep me going and inspire me to do mine.

I went out and bought some loctite super glue gel cyanoacro as i was told thats what to get but it is as much use as a chocolate tea pot when ive tried to glue underwater.

Thanks! :D I'm glad you like the tank. It was kind of hard to figure out the scape b/c I don't have much room in there. I think the branching piece in the back makes it. Without it, the tank doesn't look as good as it could.

Thanks! :D I'm glad you like the tank. It was kind of hard to figure out the scape b/c I don't have much room in there. I think the branching piece in the back makes it. Without it, the tank doesn't look as good as it could.

Yeah ive not seen any branch pieces here in the uk they are all fairly large ordinary rock shapes.

Yeah ive not seen any branch pieces here in the uk they are all fairly large ordinary rock shapes.

Really? That's weird. I would think that you would be able to find some.

Really? That's weird. I would think that you would be able to find some.

Yeah possibly no doub they will be mega expensive over here though. I reckon im moving to the states to persue my hobby :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

pom poms are great cept they hide constantly, you'd need like 3 or 4 if you ever want to see one. Of course in a pico i guess your odds are much higher, in my 20L i've seen mine 2 times in 3 months.

Cookie monster kicks ASS!

pom poms are great cept they hide constantly, you'd need like 3 or 4 if you ever want to see one. Of course in a pico i guess your odds are much higher, in my 20L i've seen mine 2 times in 3 months.

I don't know if I am going to try to put in any more crustaceans in. They seem to die or get sucked into the back like the sexies. It would be cool to get another masked goby though.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, a couple clusters of my zoas were going downhill. I started dipping them with furan2 and have removed some corals to make the whole process easier. I also redid the rocks. Here are some pics.

8-23-09002.jpg

8-23-09007.jpg

8-23-09003.jpg

Did the SPS die too? did the zoos start melting or something?

The sps and ricordia are perfectly fine but some zoas started dying. I dipped in Furan2 and am hoping it worked.

Pichures!! :lol:

8-25-09009.jpg

8-25-09011.jpg

8-25-09017.jpg

8-25-09020.jpg

The other day when I was taking zoas out of the tank to be dipped, I caught a little splash out of the corner of my eye. I looked around in the tank and there was no fish!! I searched like a madman for like 3 minutes before I finally found mr masked goby laying on the floor. It's good I found him then and threw him back in the tank. He's swimming around nicely now. Close one.

corallineadam

what kind of light???

adam

The other day when I was taking zoas out of the tank to be dipped, I caught a little splash out of the corner of my eye. I looked around in the tank and there was no fish!! I searched like a madman for like 3 minutes before I finally found mr masked goby laying on the floor. It's good I found him then and threw him back in the tank. He's swimming around nicely now. Close one.

OMG thank god!!

what kind of light???

The light is a current dual satelite 36watt. I am not completely satisfied with the color of the lights. The bulbs are dual actinic (460nm and 420nm) and dual daylight (10,000k and 6,700k). I think the 6,700k half of the daylight bulb is too yellow, but I am having a hard time finding a 18w bulb that is straight 10,000k.

corallineadam
The light is a current dual satelite 36watt. I am not completely satisfied with the color of the lights. The bulbs are dual actinic (460nm and 420nm) and dual daylight (10,000k and 6,700k). I think the 6,700k half of the daylight bulb is too yellow, but I am having a hard time finding a 18w bulb that is straight 10,000k.

i have that same light over my 2.5g AGA aio pico ... more labels could be applied :lol:

but ya i kinda like the lights colors... i think it would be hella cool to LED retrofit this light, as evil has done... i want to do this sometime in the upcoming months...

adam

i have that same light over my 2.5g AGA aio pico ... more labels could be applied :lol:

but ya i kinda like the lights colors... i think it would be hella cool to LED retrofit this light, as evil has done... i want to do this sometime in the upcoming months...

adam

I would really like a LED retrofit for this, but I cannot afford it. Right now I just want to replace my daylight bulb with a pure 10,000k lamp. I want more of a blue color and the current bulb makes it look yellow.

Archived