Cultivated Reef

Aqua C Remora micro bubble question

Sergeant-G

Ok So my tank has been up and running for 6 days I plugged my aqua c remora skimmer in to test it and I get alot of micro bubbles in the display, there is a MJ1200 on it now, will these subside with time or do i need to make an adjustment to the skimmer? what if I change out the mj12oo with a mj900 would this help?

any input would be great.

Thanks,

Casey

as the instructions say, the bubbles will dissappear after the skimmer breaks in.

On my nano, that was about 3 days. when the foam goes over the top on the foam tube, then your skimmer has broken in.

the noise is supposed to go down also after the break in. it did not go down much on mine.

on the first few nights I had mine, every people in the house came downstairs in the middle of the night looking for a faucet that was left running.

ok thanks I dont have the instructions anymore I bought the skimmer about 3 years ago while I was doing my research and lost them but thanks for letting me know that, that and i had alittle foam coming over the tube almost as soon as I plugged it in.

Thanks,

Casey

ok thanks I dont have the instructions anymore I bought the skimmer about 3 years ago while I was doing my research and lost them but thanks for letting me know that, that and i had alittle foam coming over the tube almost as soon as I plugged it in.

Thanks,

Casey

I had a problem with my Aqua C Remora with micro bubbles and too much noise from the water falling from the to the ruturn. The noise from the return is very annoying exspecially if you sleep near. I solved the problem with micro bubbles and the noise by building a Acrylic Bubble Box and put which i put foam to stop the return from splasing and making all the noise and also make ZERO micro bubbles. Check out my page on what I did. I also did a acrylic bubble box for the over flow also which pretty much does the same as the Aqua C remora. By making the bubble box it cuts the bubbles in my tank to ZERO and cuts the noise down from all the splasing 90%. By far the best Mod i did yet for my tank. Feel free to check out my page for what I did. I hop this helps. GL. :D

OR try the other way like the other guys say and wait to see if the bubbles stop. But you still will have all that noise from the splashing from the return.

Archived