Top Shelf Aquatics

Tunze in a Bio-Cube 14g

Amerijuanican

Has anyone ever tried this? The Tunze DOC 9002 Nano-Skimmer in the rear-chambers of a BC14g. I'm going to give it a try. I'm going to probably have to use my Dremmel and cut off some of the plastic from around the edge of the tank. I'll post pics as I go.

Has anyone ever tried this? The Tunze DOC 9002 Nano-Skimmer in the rear-chambers of a BC14g. I'm going to give it a try. I'm going to probably have to use my Dremmel and cut off some of the plastic from around the edge of the tank. I'll post pics as I go.

any update with this? I was considering doing the same after seeing the tunze at work at a lfs.

Nothing yet, I've been pretty busy with work/school. I plan to start this project sometime this week. I was looking at it today though and it looks like as long as you cut off some of the plastic lip above the rear chambers the skimmer should fit with little problems. My biggest issue is going to be finding a way to keep the skimmer in the rear chambers and still have my clamp-on 70W JBJ MH. The skimmer seems like it would be right in the way of the clamp. We'll have to see.

Archived