ReefCleaners.org

Red Sea's new skimmer

SPS20

Check it out:

This is the first skimmer under $1000.00 which offers an integrated neck washdown feature. It is essentially a recirculating needle-wheel style skimmer. The price is $350.00 retail, and it seems to offer performance comparable to other skimmers in the same price range, such as the Octopus skimmers.

http://www.redseafish.com/c-skim.asp

What do you guys think?

wow! that washdown system is slick.

Now if they would have only applied about 5% of the thought that went into that skimmer to the one in the Max.

edit: was in the max :lol:

I'm thinking I might actually use this thing on the 40BR system I am setting up. I don't usually do the guinea pig thing with new products, but I really like the design.

I want to plumb it such that it gets water fed to it directly from the overflow, so I can be sure 100% of the water leaving the tank has to pass through it before it can re-enter the tank.

If anybody has any personal experience with it, I would love to hear your thoughts.

I'm thinking I might actually use this thing on the 40BR system I am setting up. I don't usually do the guinea pig thing with new products, but I really like the design.

I want to plumb it such that it gets water fed to it directly from the overflow, so I can be sure 100% of the water leaving the tank has to pass through it before it can re-enter the tank.

If anybody has any personal experience with it, I would love to hear your thoughts.

DO IT!!!!

That skimmer looks pretty sweet, and you can't beat the price.

Check it out:

The price is $350.00 retail, and it seems to offer performance comparable to other skimmers in the same price range, such as the Octopus skimmers.

What is the price?

Check it out:

This is the first skimmer under $1000.00 which offers an integrated neck washdown feature. It is essentially a recirculating needle-wheel style skimmer. The price is $350.00 retail, and it seems to offer performance comparable to other skimmers in the same price range, such as the Octopus skimmers.

http://www.redseafish.com/c-skim.asp

What do you guys think?

Archived