Coral Vue Hydros

RIP hermit crab

RigPie

I just put two scarlet hermit crabs and one pepermint shrimp in my tank(they are the first additions). Well I went to the beach for the day and came home to only one hermit crab. At first I thought it was just hiding in the rocks but then I found it, one tiny red crab leg. I still cannot find the shell what could have happened to my hermit crab. The other one and the shrimp seem to be doing fine. Other inhabitants(LR hitchhikers) include one very tiny hermit crab one crab that is about 1"to 1.5" wide w/ one large claw but he has two legs w/ what look like feathers and I will see him filtering water( is this a filter feeding crab or did he eat my scarlet?) also a few small feather duster worms, some brisle worms, and a very, very small bristle star. Any help on identifying this culprit would be very appreciated. Thanks ahead.

Jon

Nope not a molt I found the crab today, well half of him. Now the smaller hermit has taken over the larger shell, you think he killed the other crab, well I don't know but it's been a week and the pepermint shrimp and the last hermit crab are doing fine.

Jon

Archived