SaltCritters.com

Actinic Bulb???

Sltwtr4lfe

hey guys..... and gals.....

i am trying to find some sort of light that i could use at night for some awsome viewing and some way to c the true beauty of my ric's and gsps and jsut to have them glow! iwas thinking of like a pure actinic bulb or something like a cathode???? if ne one has ne info for me just post! aight? ;):P

Try the blue LED lights from Auto Zone called cruiz'n lights. I have one on my 7g and it floreces my corals at night. $6.00 for two, you can't beat that. Just get a 9v or 12v power supply and there you go.

A 03 bulb might be a little much to have on all night. If it was on a larger tank 75g and up then I wold say it would be fine. JMO

ne one have ne info on this moon type suff?

It sounds to me like you just want info on cathodes. Surfy gave you some good advice on LED moonlighting and you just disregarded it. If you want something that will give your corals a good flourescent glow at night without stressing out your livestock with too much light then go with surfy's advice on the 2 blue LED lights. LED lights are the popular choice for moonlighting but if you want to research cathode tubes then go for it.

ok... thanks i am going to probablo go with the leds for the sake of a easier set up..... i thank you all for your input and keep the info coming (if oyu have more)

Archived