Cultivated Reef

Seachem Reef Plus or CORALIFE Liquid Gold Pro Plus?

coolwaters

i try to do water changes every 2 weeks.

i have clams and some rics. getting more in the near future.

I have a buddy with a BEAUTIFUL mixed reef. He only does water changes every 6 months so he needs trace elements. He doses Salifert Trace hard and Salifert Trace soft. Since you do water changes every 2 weeks I wouldn't suspect you need to dose trace....

The Propagator

I don't include Reef plus as an "essential" element replenisher type product. It doesn't have "concentrated" element sin it like say... Kent Marine's essential elements does.

Its meant to use as a growth accelerator basically. it works for some and does nothing for others.

It works for me though. If I don't use it I notice a significant decrease in my frags rate of growth. and i do regular weekly water changes, BUT I have a heavy bioload.

u just add some of that every week? 5lm per 50gallons? or do u do a little bit more O.o

nice to know i got the right stuff. all the other ones were either sold out or damaged/used...

The Propagator

"5 mil. per 20 gallons of actual volume twice a week or as required to maintain growth."

Basically start with the recommended amount. Keep an eye out for undesirable algae growth, as well as rate of coral growth or any effect it may or may not have. If you see no effect try upping the dosage to 3 times a week only make the 3rd dose 3 mil. per 20 gallons or 2.5 mil. . If you see algae blooms of any kind stop using it or cut the dosage. Algae growth usually means what your dosing it for is not taking it and leaving it to build up into excess nutrients.

Your rics will definitely like it as will your clams IMHO.

But you will just have to play around with your dosage to find a happy medium just like anything else you dose.

:)

Archived