Cultivated Reef

Whoooops?

Seiryoku

So I resorted to adding a little chemiclean to my 20H yesterday afternoon to kill off the little bit of cyano hanging around my tank. Problem was much worse a few weeks ago, but was able to nearly rid the tank of it with chemipure/phosban.

I forgot to remove my chemipure elite yesterday when I added it...two questions...

Did it make yesterdays dose 100% ineffective?

Did it ruin the bag of chemipure?

:(

If you have cyano you shouldn't really resort to chemicals to remove it. More than likely it's caused by excess nutrients (phosphate / nitrate) in your tank. A better solution is to find the root of the problem.

Yes I know...and reduced it about 90% by doing so. I've dealt with it in another tank a while ago...and am well aware of what you "should do".

Still wondering if anyone can answer my actual question...

Well....

You asked what you should do. You responded like a know it all, yet in your original post said you were using chemiclean to get rid of your cyano...

More than likely your chemipure is toast. I'd switch to a bag of carbon and a bag of GFO. The phosphate obsorbtion in chemipure is exhausted long before the carbon.

I asked two questions...neither was about how to kill off cyano...

(I run phosban as well, not worried about the phosphate aspect of the chemipure)

Dude, go away if you can't answer my question...

No ###### I really hate when people don't know what they are talking about, from what I read you didn't use ANY chemicals just added filter media....... O and sorry but I cant answer your problem just had to comment on that :)

I asked two questions...neither was about how to kill off cyano...

(I run phosban as well, not worried about the phosphate aspect of the chemipure)

If you run phosban why do you pay for chemipure elite? The only difference is they add phosphate removing media to the bag.

No ###### I really hate when people don't know what they are talking about, from what I read you didn't use ANY chemicals just added filter media....... O and sorry but I cant answer your problem just had to comment on that :)

Are you kidding me?

I felt like wasting the extra money on the elite, now will you leave?

Don't assume everyone here that asks a question is a noob that knows nothing...

p(*^-^*)q

I felt like wasting the extra money on the elite, now will you leave?

Don't assume everyone here that asks a question is a noob that knows nothing...

p(*^-^*)q

No assumption needed here...

Look dude. I came here and only tried to help you. In every post you made there's been some sort of snide remark. If you are SUCH an expert then don't crap on people that try to help you.

I DIDN'T ASK HOW TO GET RID OF CYANO!

Why haven't you figured that out yet?

Again, I didn't ask how to get rid of cyano.

Understand now?

Took you three posts to even say anything remotely close to an answer to one of my two questions and even then you insisted on telling me what I should do to battle cyano...

Still not sure why you didn't understand my original two questions...

I DIDN'T ASK HOW TO GET RID OF CYANO!

Why haven't you figured that out yet?

Again, I didn't ask how to get rid of cyano.

Understand now?

Took you three posts to even say anything remotely close to an answer to one of my two questions and even then you insisted on telling me what I should do to battle cyano...

Still not sure why you didn't understand my original two questions...

If you know how to get rid of cyano then why are you employing these noob methods?

lol, this may just be fishnemo all over again ;)

it does not make it 100 ineffective, the chemi pure should be OK

Thank you for an actual freaking answer, finally!

To everyone else, congratulations on upping your post count.

Don't have facts? Are you kidding? I quote RHF all day long to back up what I tell people.

Was I wrong in this instance? No! The directions of the product say to remove your carbon / chemipure so the product doesn't get filtered out. If the product is getting filtered out by chemipure it means the pores of the product are being taken up which renders it useless!

BTW...

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=1475586

Archived