Innovative Marine Aquariums

smallest clowns?

nanephilim

I was wondering if there was a spiecies of clown fish that would be small enough to fit happily in a 5 gal nano. So far the true percs are the smallest I have been able to find and though the owner of my local LFS said that one true perc would be perfectly happy in a 5 gal, I have my doubts. The LFS told me that they only grow to 3in max, but he said that several of his are over three years old in the big display tank at the store and most of them are only 1 to 1.5 inches. So do you think that a 5 gal will work for a clown providing he is the only fish in there with a shrimp and some snails and an maybe eventualy an anemone for friends?

Orange Crush

if you want a clown, get a 7 or a 10. if you're looking at 5 for price, 10 won't cost you much more, and you'll be happier with what you can do with it.

I have a very small false perk in my 7g. I love the little guy. It has the most personality out of all the fish I have ever kept.

I would also go with a larger tank, but if you really want the 5g go for it. One perk should be fine.

Archived