Cultivated Reef

any koralia vs shrimp or inverate horror stories?

plainrt

after seeing my coral banded messing around picking at my koralia pump it got me thinking about how safe it is with inverts and shrimp etc........Anyone ever have a loss because of these?

I haven't had any problems with them. I have a skunk cleaner and a peppermint shrimp that don't go near them (I have 4 Koralias). I just have to watch out when I turn them back on because the blenny thinks it's a hiding spot when they're off.

I haven't had any problems with them. I have a skunk cleaner and a peppermint shrimp that don't go near them (I have 4 Koralias). I just have to watch out when I turn them back on because the blenny thinks it's a hiding spot when they're off.

LOL

I had a bicolor blenny that did the exact same thing with my K1. I almost hacked him up once, but luckily the pump jammed. When I went to poke the pump into action, I saw a little face peeking out, and I managed to yank the cord before it started up. I would have felt terrible if I blended a fish.

I've got some very daring snails that will crawl right around the front. I have no idea how they stay attached with the K3. Luckily never had any injuries or fatalities due to the K3.

When I had my 75g, I had 2 K2s - my starry blenny would jump in when the pumps were off as well. No blending, but that scared the hell out of me the first time...I thought my wife was going to cry when I showed her...

I currently use 2 K-nanos, and I have pep shrimp that just stand on them as "their spot". I have had snails crawl over the front as well - no issues. I have RBTA, but they don't walk that much, so no big deal.

I asked this same question a while back. I have had a K2 in my tank for over a year and everyone stays out. The flow is strong enough that they can't enter. But as stated, just watch out if you turn it off, my coral beauty and pep shrimp go in there and pick around at all the junk.

Both my lawnmower blenny and my Flame Hawk do the same thing. Agreed, it scared me to death the first time I saw them in there and my finger on the ON switch. Now I have the Vortech MP20 and nothing can get in there. At least no fish!

Both my lawnmower blenny and my Flame Hawk do the same thing. Agreed, it scared me to death the first time I saw them in there and my finger on the ON switch. Now I have the Vortech MP20 and nothing can get in there. At least no fish!

One of my snails did its best to bring my MP20 to a halt by climbing inside it last night.

It didn't work. The pump shredded his poor little body. :(

R.I.P. mister snail.

Trochus: 0

Vortech: 1

Archived