Coral Vue Hydros

My Clowns hate eachother

GIRLGONEAQUA

Glad the breeder's net worked, I wanted to do the same type of pair you have but conventional wisdom prevailed. I've read about crossing perculas and ocelaris at some point in the past, but it's an oddity. My clown with attitude still picks but he's less interested, and for longer periods of time, after each intank QT.

they wont

They CAN!!!! There is a guy near me that has a B/W true perc, and a normal false perc. Not only do they get along, they are LAYING EGGS!!!! The eggs even eye up, and hatch. Nobody has tried raising the hatches yet, but another local does raise clownfish fry for sale. He wants to try the truexfalse cross.

Don't be so negative always saying that they won't when there are plenty of people that have done it.

dsoz

However, it's very hard to tell the two species apart. This most reliable method is counting the number of rays/spines on the dorsal fin. Besides:

"Amphiprion ocellaris and A. percula are often incorrectly identified and are also easily confused. The black and white color morphs of A. ocellaris are frequently sold as Black Perculas, but they are, in fact, A. ocellaris from Australia (photo below)."

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2007-10/fish/index.php

right away my black clown was attacking my Picasso. constantly for hours biting, chasing, head butting my poor Picasso. he seemed really stressed like gasping and laying on his side on the surface.

Did you have no way of stopping this sooner?

Archived