ReefCleaners.org

Water level in rear chamber

Steve5.0.

I have already placed a small peice of CD plastic in the upper most grate of my Ap24 but the water level is still to high for my Tunze skimmer and Stevie T mod cup.

I have a MJ 1200 for return . Any suggestions.

I've never looked at a biocube, but on my nanocube you have to have a surface skimmer to lower the water level enough to use a skimmer. It could be the same procedure for yours. I have a MJ1200 for my return pump as well, couldn't ask for anything better. A larger pump shouldn't affect your water level since you will just be pumping it out faster and the water will rush back in just as fast. Slowing the inrush could help a bit, just don't overflow your tank :rolleyes: .

when i do water changes in my ap24 i suction it from the back and that lowers the water level back there. just less water in the tank should do it. or you need to take out all of those plates where you put the cd case and make one solid plate instead of the other ones it has. It is difficult to fit a skimmer under the stock hood. you may need to cut.

StevieT made a custom skimmer cup for me so it fits under the hood.

Does the water still trickle thru the plates on the back even with them shut tight?

yea the water will still come through alittle bit. The only way to stop it would be to silicone it, but you probably shouldnt do that.

Archived