Innovative Marine Aquariums

Salifert Mg testing help

skydive

How many drops does it usually take for it to turn gray or blue? I'm up to 65 and emptied the syringe, do I fill it back up and proceed or is that too much?

Salifert? How many drops? You don't measure in drops. You check the amout that's left in the syrnige after the color change. If you've emptied the syringe and it's still not blue your Mg is over 1500. You are correct. To find the exact amount you'll need to add more reagent and keep the drops coming. If you're over 1500 I'd suggest you lay off the Mg supplement for awhile.

Salifert? How many drops? You don't measure in drops.

:lol: no wonder it was confusing

It only took 2 more drops for it to change. Is that still to high? I don't dose anything but that was after a 20% water change.

did you test the freshly made water to see what the levels are at?

some say if you use the same bucket to do water change, over time, there will be mg settlement at the bottom and that might boost the levels

The Propagator

That can happen if you dont rinse the bucket out but it usually takes a LOOOooooong time to build up and it usually only happens in mass quantity mixing situations like and LFS using the same tub or trash can over and over again to mix fresh SW in for water changes with out rinsing them out.

Its actually something you can see and feel too.

SkyDive,

Just follow the directions on your kit man ;) There should be a conversion chart to tell you exactly what the reading means.

Archived